|Damage:||2 (Dart) +|
|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Reward from hunting quests.|
|Kneadle Your Foes!|
|Fires explosive homing darts.|
Cat Claw is a gun that fires homing darts. The darts initially deal low damage, but explode a short time after sticking to their target, damaging the target and everything in a medium radius around it.
- Cat Friends - If the player has Bait Launcher, the Bait Launcher's tigers attach several Cat Claw needles onto enemies when they maul them.
- Clawntlet - If the player has Gunknight Gauntlet, the player releases a spiral of bullets whenever they take damage.
- This applies to the weapon held at the time of taking damage. Beam weapons and others such as Makeshift Cannon can make great use of this effect if the player isn't worried about dying or obtaining Master Rounds.
- If the player has Remote Bullets or Bouncy Bullets, Clawntlet's effect is much easier to take advantage of as the bullets spawned will either travel in the direction of the player's crosshair or bounce off of walls and potentially hit enemies, respectively.
- Spartan Loadout - If the player has Alien Sidearm, Cat Claw pierces enemies, attaching its explosive to every enemy hit. Alien Sidearm can be charged twice to fire a more powerful shot.
- All darts attached to an enemy will explode simultaneously once new darts stop being attached to the enemy.
- As a result, this weapon can "overkill" its targets. For example, it may take 6 darts to kill an enemy, but up to 33 darts can be attached, causing 27 shots to be excess damage and therefore wasted ammo.
- For small targets, consider sticking them with a few shots then briefly stop shooting to allow the darts to detonate.
- The DPS cap for bosses will limit the amount of damage the explosives do.
- Firing single shots at a rate of 2-3 per second will cause each dart fired to have a separate countdown. This tactic prevents much overkill and also interferes with the target's shooting due to the constant explosions, but it greatly reduces DPS.
- If a fired dart enters the radius of an already exploding dart, the fired dart will immediately explode rather than making contact.
- Prior to the Supply Drop Update, the darts did not deal any contact damage and the explosions only dealt 5 damage.
- This gun's projectiles, as well as the word "Kneadle" in the Pickup Quote, are references to the Needler weapon from the Halo franchise, supported/further referenced by the Spartan Loadout synergy.
- The word "Kneadle", the name Cat Claw, and the flexing prongs on the muzzle are a reference to the way cats sometimes "knead" surfaces with their claws.
- This gun's name is likely a reference to the dirk named "Cat Claw" that was wielded by the Gray Mouser, a Fritz Leiber character. The quest to unlock this gun is given by Frifle and the Grey Mauser, with the latter NPC being a parody of the Gray Mouser.
- This gun resembles the Dragon Claw from Heretic.