|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Ox and Cadence for 8 .|
|Just A Box|
|The ultimate in stealth technology. Surprise attacks deal additional damage.
No one is perceptive enough to see through such an elaborate ruse.
Box is an active item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- While wearing the box, enemies will not target the player. Most actions other than moving will remove the box, including firing a weapon, charging a weapon, dodge rolling, flipping a table, and using teleporters.
- Firing a shot while under the box deals double damage and removes the box.
- Reloading does not remove the box, even if the player has Hip Holster.
- Has no effect on entering boss rooms.
- Box can be used to steal from shops as long as it is activated before entering the shop.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Apiary - If the player has Bee Hive, it turns into an apiary and automatically regenerates ammo over time.
- Flat Stanley - If the player has Mailbox, the Mailbox's clip size is reduced by 50% and its reload time is reduced by 33%, allowing packages to be fired more often.
- I need scissors! 61! - If the player also has Trank Gun, Trank Gun changes appearance, its rate of fire is decreased, damage and reload time are increased, and its bullets will inflict slow and stun.
- Pretty Good - If the player has SAA, coolness is increased by 2.
- What A Thrill - If the player has Patriot, it has a chance to transmogrify enemies into snakes.
- Has no effect if used while enemies are already targeting the player.
- While it has no effect on regular bosses as already stated, you can use this to be hidden for the first phase of the Resourceful Rat’s boss fight.
- When firing a shot from Vorpal Gun while using Box, the shot is guaranteed to be a critical hit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the famous box-disguise from Metal Gear.
- The synergy Pretty Good is a reference to the popular quote from Metal Gear Solid, "You're pretty good".
- The synergy Flat Stanley is a reference to Flat Stanley, an American children's book series written by Jeff Brown.
- The synergy What a Thrill! is a reference to the theme song of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- The synergy Apiary might be a reference to the character The Pain from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, a special operative with the ability to control bees and use them in combat.
- The synergy I need scissors! 61! is a reference to a quote from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.