|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|Unlock Method:||Defeat the Old King.|
|Dodge roll is replaced with a blink.
This simple scarf was once worn by a skilled assassin. Betrayed by his brothers and assumed dead...
Bloodied Scarf is a passive item.
- Replaces the dodge roll with a teleport.
- Pressing the dodge button teleports the player a short distance in the direction they are moving.
- Holding down the dodge button allows the player to teleport to the location of the cursor, shown by a shadow of the player's character. With a controller, the shadow gets created at the player's current position, and is controlled by the right analog stick (so any aiming will displace the teleport target).
- If the player attempts to blink into a solid object or off a ledge, the shadow will turn red, and the player will be teleported as far as safely possible in that direction.
- This safety also exists for flying players. This also means that if the flying player is already over a pit, then dodging will be entirely disabled unless there is solid ground in range.
- This also prevents the player from blinking onto rails that run over pits in Black Powder Mine, and blinking onto the spine bridge that appears after defeating the Dragun.
- Blinking onto bullets will cause them to dissipate, and they won't cause damage.
- Decreases reload times by 30%.
- Raizo's Stuff - If the player also has Grappling Hook, bullets shot while being pulled with the grappling hook gain homing.
- Venom Veins - If the player also has Mutation, Mutation poisons enemies.
- Can be used to blink through locked doors which otherwise require the player to use a key or stand on a pressure plate to open.
- Does not work if the door is facing downward.
- Can be used to find secret rooms. The teleport icon will appear grey when over the part of the wall that becomes the path. Technically, you can enter the room, but you won't be able to see anything without using a blank outside of the secret room. Blanking inside the secret room will not reveal it.
- Can be used to rescue NPCs before acquiring the Cell Key by teleporting into their cell.
- The player can teleport through the two walls that access the entrance to the Resourceful Rat's lair,not being able to see anything but still able to use the Gnawed Key to open the entrance.
- Can be used to teleport behind Wallmonger, out of reach of the boss's attacks. However, the camera will remained locked on to the Wallmonger.
- Repeatedly teleporting in place can effectively grant immunity to bullets.
- When using the Bloodied Scarf in The Aimless Void, the player will dodge roll normally instead of teleporting.
- The Rolling Eye, Resourceful Sack, and Daruma become useless as the player can no longer roll through bullets.
- Using the Bloodied Scarf will still cause the player to drop the Busted Television.
- If the player is on fire, teleporting will instantly cause the fire to go away.
- The teleport is still considered a dodge roll despite having replaced the action, so teleporting can still fail challenges issued by the Gunsling King and Manservantes to clear rooms without dodge rolling.
- The teleport can be used to reach normally inaccessible areas present in certain layouts of Winchester (NPC)'s games and improve the vantage point, and the player will not be penalised for doing so.
- This item's description, appearance, and effect are references to the PS2 game Shinobi, in which the main character Hotsuma wears an unusually long red scarf.
- The item's description, appearance, and effect may also reference the character Hidden Phantom from the Megaman Zero series.
- The Raizo's Stuff - synergy may reference the movie Ninja Assassin in which the character Raizo is on the run from his former ninja clan.
- This item's appearance may reference Hyper Light Drifter in which the main character wears a long red scarf.
- The ‘skilled assassin’ in the description most likely refers to the Ninja, as the sprite name for the Bloodied Scarf is ‘Ninja Headband’.
- The Bloodied Scarf shares its sprite shape with Number 2 and Ancient Hero's Bandana.
- The Bloodied Scarf might be the scarf mentioned in the Snowballets' description; "Arguments frequently break out over the sole scarf in the Gungeon". Similarly, "Arguments" might refer to how polarized opinion the about the Bloodied Scarf is among the player base.
- You can get the shadow to fall down a pit due to a bug, where it shows a red version of your character falling.
- It's possible to get stuck behind the entrance of a non-entered room while trying to get inside it with the item's teleport during co-op, if one of the players are dead. This will cause you to be stuck behind the locked door, and you won't be able to die or deal any damage to enemies inside it. The only way to escape is with the dead player killing the enemies with their mini-blanks.
- By teleporting onto the edge of the Shop's counter, it is possible to walk behind the counter to where the shopkeeper is standing. This has no effect, and the player can walk out normally.
- Teleporting out of an elevator as the doors close to go to the next level causes the game to bug, taking you to a random room and preventing you from controlling your character.
- Attempting to teleport to a forbidden area and then teleporting using the map can cause the game's camera to attempt to move back to the area you tried to teleport to initially, until you try teleporting elsewhere again.
- Teleporting out of boss rooms is possible if done correctly.
- During the fight against the Dragun, it is possible to teleport into the long corridor leading to the room. In there, you can still shoot at the Dragun, but it will not take damage, even from projectiles reaching it.
- Teleporting through The Gorgun's petrification wave will still result in being petrified.
- Teleporting through the cascade of shells after the Dragun fight will prevent the player from properly transitioning to the Aimless Void. The player will be stuck in the small area behind the cascade until they pass the cascade again, from above or below.
- Teleporting close to a chest after defeating all enemies with Drill will cause the chest to disappear and soft lock the game.
- Teleporting into a blocked-off room in the Resourceful Rat's Lair can result in a softlock.
- If the shadow of the player's character exists when a boss is defeated, the shadow will remain until the player teleports again.