|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Reach the Abbey of the True Gun.|
|What Music They Make!|
|This sinister brooch was once worn by an unlucky inhabitant of the Gungeon, who used it to draw health from wounded enemies.
There is a curse upon it, however, and the cost may not be worth the benefit.
Blood Brooch is a passive item.
- Increases curse by 1 while held.
- Heals the player for half a heart for every 1200 damage they deal.
- blade - If the player also has Kruller Glaive, its damage is increased by 20%, and enemies hit will visually bleed.
- Fear the Old Blood - If the player also has Trick Gun, its reload time is decreased by 33%.
- Venom Veins - If the player also has Mutation, it will poison enemies.
- With Antibody, it's possible to recover a full heart whenever Blood Brooch's effect activates.
- This item has no effect aside from increasing curse when playing as Robot.
- The item effect is reminiscent of the rally mechanic in Bloodborne, whereby the player character can regain health by attacking enemies after taking damage.
- This item and its synergy with the Trick Gun are references to Bloodborne where the old blood refers to the blood of the Great Ones.
- Blood Brooch resembles Bloodborne's Red Jeweled Brooch.
- The pickup line is a reference to Count Dracula's line, "listen to them — children of the night. What music they make" in the book and in the 1931 movie Dracula .
- It may also be a reference to the Bloodborne character Father Gascoigne, to whose wife the Red Jeweled Brooch described above belonged, and who has a mechanic during his boss fight where he can be distracted with music.