|Sphere of Many Guns|
|A fiend from the deep. The Beholster wields six guns simultaneously, with each more fearsome than the last.
Its great eye is capable of emitting a beam of great energy, but it cannot turn quickly while firing.
- Fires two spreads of bullets towards the player followed by two rings of bullets in all directions.
- Fires three fast moving small lasers at the player.
- Sometimes this attack is replaced by 3 slow moving regular bullets.
- This attack usually happens in conjunction with another attack.
- Fires two missiles that home in on the player. These missiles can be destroyed by shooting them.
- If the Beholster is Jammed, it shoots four missiles instead of two.
- Charges up and fires a continuous laser while rotating towards the player.
- This laser can be rolled over or blocked by cover.
- The sweep of the beam will damage and frequently kill any Beadies caught in its path.
- Spawns a Beadie.
- Occasionally slightly moves towards the player after attacking a few times.
The Beholster's patterns can be learned rather easily, and the large size of the boss makes accuracy less of a problem.
- When it fires spreads and rings, try not to dodge roll and simply walk in between the bullets, as dodge rolling may decrease your damage output or put you in the path of another shot.
- The small lasers are fast and precise, and can throw you off if you are dodging the slower rings.
- When it fires missiles, focusing on them immediately can be helpful, as the homing shots can disrupt your dodges. It is technically possible to simply run away from the missiles, as they explode after some time, but this can put you in dangerous situations and is generally not recommended.
- Beam weapons will instantly destroy the missiles.
- When it fires its laser, dodging in a simple back-and-forth motion is enough to dodge it.
- A variation of the Beholster's arena has tables, which may completely negate the laser attack if flipped in a timely manner.
- If a Beadie spawns, diverting your attention to it before continuing to attack the Beholster is advised, as if a Beadie is alive while he fires his laser, its shots will make the laser much harder to dodge.
- If the Beholster is dead, all Beadies on the current floor become passive and will not have guns. However, they can still deal contact damage.
- The six guns the Beholster holds and uses against the player can be found in game. These guns are Com4nd0, Machine Pistol, Eye of the Beholster, Void Marshal, Trank Gun, and M1911.
- Two glitched Beholsters are fought after opening a Glitch Chest.
- His eye beam can be cancelled not only with blanks, but also by using Blasphemy. But, contrary to popular belief, not with Casey.
- Because the Beholster's skin colour is mostly red, the main way to tell if he's jammed or not before the battle begins is by looking at his teeth.
- Staying a significant distance away from the Beholster can make most of its attacks easy to avoid.
- Since Advanced Gungeons and Draguns, The Beholster has 3 different boss arenas in total, containing:
- 4 large pits, 1 covering each corner.
- A pit dotted near the corners but not touching the exact edges, allowing the player to walk around them.
- 2 pillars parallel to each other lined up horizontally on the far sides of the room with the Beholster in the middle.
- If the player is holding Shock Rounds, lightning will bounce from Beadies to bullets.
- The Beholster's eye beam can (somehow) be blocked by Guon Stones and Owl, but cannot be blocked by Gatling Gull if he is summoned to fight for the player via Ticket.
- The Beholster is a reference to the Beholder of the Dungeons & Dragons role playing game.
- The Beholster is one of only two enemies in the game to have a song in the soundtrack named after them (“The Beholster Don’t Blink”), the other being the Cubulon (“Die Cubulon Die”).
- In the Enter the Gungeon comic, the Beholster appears as a 1st floor boss.
A close match showing both the Beholster and The Marine at low health.