|Damage:||10 (Steak) + 50 (Tiger)|
|Sell Creep Price:||21|
|Unlock Method:||Kill the High Dragun with Beast Mode on.|
|Meat Your Maker|
|Launches meat that attracts carnivores.
This esoteric weapon was devised by Emmitt Calx during one of his famous big game expeditions. The steak thrown by this small catapult will almost certainly draw the attention of any nearby predators.
Bait Launcher is a gun that fires steaks. When a steak hits anything, it leaves a small pool of red liquid and a tiger will appear, run to the nearest enemy, and maul it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cat Friend - If the player has Cat Claw, Bait Launcher's tigers attach several Cat Claw needles onto enemies when they maul them.
- The tiger that appears won't necessarily chase the meat, but rather targets the enemy closest to where it lands, no matter how far the target actually is from the meat. This is very useful for attacking enemies from behind cover, as the damage dealt by the steaks themselves is negligible.
- If there's a Wall Mimic in the room, the tiger might attack it, whether or not it has already been revealed.
- If the meat is caught by a Gunjurer, the tiger that appears will attack the player instead.
- If a Lead Maiden closes before the tiger can attack it, multiple tigers will spawn on the Lead Maiden and try to attack it, however they will deal no damage and despawn when it opens.
- Enemies being attacked by tigers will have a stunned animation
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon is a reference to Far Cry 4 where the player could throw bait to attract a random predator (including tigers). The predator would often proceed to maul anyone nearby.