|Sell Creep Price:||30|
|The engine of a crashed starship that has been converted into an energy weapon.|
Alien Engine is a gun with a very short range, only damaging enemies that come into contact with the muzzle flash. Enemies damaged have a chance to catch on fire. The gun has very high recoil, propelling the player backwards with each shot.
Despite its downsides, the gun has among the highest DPS in the game, making it useful for hit-and-run tactics in a Boss battle, or in combination with a longer range weapon.
- Ancient Aliens - If the player has Zorgun, Zorgun gets three special shots at the end of each magazine instead of one. Alien Engine will also fire Zorgun bullets.
- Contrail - If the player has Shotgrub or Mutation, the engine sprite will change and the flame will turn green, igniting enemies with green fire. Alien Engine also grants flight while held.
- Pilot Wingsman - If the player has Wingman, it will fire four rockets at a time.
- Space Best Friend - If the player has Space Friend, Space Friend's fire rate increases significantly.
- Heavy Boots removes the recoil of the gun, making it much easier to use.
- Using Explosive Rounds with this weapon creates a small area of fire, along with the usual explosion.
- Scattershot will triple the recoil, pushing the player considerably faster.
- With Backup Gun, the gun will also fire an invisible flame backwards, though recoil is not affected.
- With Flak Bullets, the gun will rapidly fire small bullets forwards, allowing it to be used as a ranged weapon.
- With Blank Bullets, the blank effect will be more common because of the high fire rate, greatly decreasing the chance to get hit.
- With the Contrail synergy, the player may use the Alien Engine as a fast way to get around cover during a fight.
- The tagline "The Dangerzone" refers to being in close proximity to enemies when shooting them with this gun, though it may also be a reference to the song by Kenny Loggins, famously used in the film Top Gun. The film features fighter jets with afterburners, which create high thrust and visible flames similar in appearance to this gun.
- The Ancient Aliens synergy may be a reference to the reality television show of the same name, in which theories of extraterrestrial life and technology are explored.
- The Pilot Wingsman synergy is a reference to the Nintendo game Pilotwings.
Alien Engine's appearance with the Contrail synergy.
Firing the Alien Engine with the Contrail synergy.