|Sell Creep Price:||54|
|Unlock Method:||Speak to the Tinker after completing the shortcut to the Forge.|
|Unlocked And Loaded!|
|Can unlock chests.
The AKEY-47 is a masterpiece of Gungeoncraft, perfectly combining the masterful gunplay of an AK-47 with the incredibly useful ability to open locks. An inscription along the frame reads, "EX ARCHA, LIBERTAS."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Akey Breaky - If the player has the Shelleton Key, AKEY-47 fires skulls that do 10 damage per skull, receives infinite ammo, and changes in appearance to resemble a Shelleton. Its shots will no longer open locks or reveal secret rooms, though if the player has obtained this synergy via Lich's Eye Bullets, opening a chest or door with the AKEY-47 equipped will still unlock it for free. Unless you are playing on the Switch version, in which case it will just destroy the chest as usual.
- Has identical statistics to the AK-47.
- Can be sold by Flynt for 3 keys once unlocked.
- Its bullets cannot open the padlocks on the trapdoor to the Oubliette and the tunnel to the Resourceful Rat's Lair; however, they can be opened by hand for free with the AKEY-47 equipped.
- If a lock no longer functions because of Trusty Lockpicks, shooting it with AKEY-47 will not open it.
- Door locks (ones that look similar to Flynt) that are no longer functional, due to failure of Trusty Lockpicks, can still be opened with AKEY-47.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The inscription "Ex Archa, Libertas" is a reference to the Latin phrase "Ex gladio libertas", or 'From the sword, freedom', with 'Archa', the word for 'Chest', replacing 'gladio', the word for sword.
- The synergy Akey Breaky is probably a reference to the song Achy Breaky Heart popularized by Billy Ray Cyrus.