|3rd Party Controller|
|Sell Creep Price:||41|
|Unlock Method:||Purchase from Doug for 28 .|
|Assuming Direct Control|
|Allows for direct control of foes.
Purchased as a gift for a child of the Gungeon, upon their first successful trip to the mines. Due to an unfortunate combination of exceptional clumsiness and a living space full of pits, the controller was soon lost to the depths of the Gungeon. One of the sticks is extremely wiggly.
3rd Party Controller is a gun. Upon hitting an enemy, they will move in the same direction the player moves, and shoot towards the crosshair if the player shoots. Their bullets will damage other enemies as well as the player. The player keeps controlling the enemy even when they switch to another gun.
It is possible to control multiple enemies at once. On each enemy controlled, a black line will connect to them and a P1 icon will appear over their head.
- Mad Cats - If the player also has Cat Bullet King Throne, the bullets shot from Cat Bullet King Throne home in on enemies.
- Controlled enemies do not deal contact damage, and can be killed safely by rolling over them.
- Standing close to enemies also deals a small amount of constant damage to them while controlled.
- Enemies can be controlled so that they walk into pits.
- Some enemies can be made to fire much faster than usual, such as Shotgun Kin, who can shoot as fast as their animation with no reload time. This can be dangerous since the normal waves of bullets can fill the screen instead.
- Bosses cannot be controlled.
- If 3rd Party Controller is used on an enemy that replicates itself (e.g. Misfire Beast, Killithid), the enemy will duplicate a lot more than intended causing huge lag and a high chance of death due to the projectile spam.
- If the weapon is controlling a Det, its laser attacks will print red traces of its attack that remain forever. This effect is, however, only cosmetic.
- Ashen Bullet Kin cannot shoot when controlled.
- The Mad Cats synergy is a reference to MadCatz Interactive, formerly one of the leading producers of third-party gaming controllers.
- "Assuming Direct Control" is a reference to Harbinger from "Mass Effect 2" who, before gaining control over any regular enemy, would announce it by saying this phrase.
- During the reloading animation of this gun, the Gungeoneer destroys the controller and takes out a new one.
- The description implies that the 3rd Party Controller belonged to The Cultist.