|Sell Creep Price:||16|
|For The Inquisitive|
|The sidearm of choice for investigative efforts.|
38 Special is a gun. It can be fired very rapidly after dodge rolling.
- Detective Magnum - If the player also has Magnum, the guns are dual-wielded.
- Detective Mode - If the player also has Badge, the gun's maximum ammo is increased, its reload time is halved, and its damage is increased by 20%. The police officer will also show the contents of nearby chests while 38 Special is held.
- Reload Roll - If the player also has Easy Reload Bullets, dodge rolling reloads six bullets.
- Sleuth Out - If the player also has Scope, while holding 38 Special, enemy bullets become slower, but its rate of fire is decreased by 20%.
- With a fire rate of 0.07 the 38 Special requires a minimum of ~14 clicks per second to fire at maximum DPS, meaning the player is likely to be unable to take full advantage of the high fire rate.
- This can be mitigated on PC by temporarily binding the player's fire keys to ScrollUp and ScrollDown on the scroll wheel.
- Altered: Like Shooting Fish - This gun used to be able to synergize with Barrel for the synergy Like Shooting Fish.
- The 38 Special is used by various detectives in a wide range of films and other media, hence the description.
- This may be a reference to the Max Payne series of games, where the protagonist, a detective, slows down time when dodging, allowing him to fire faster and more accurately.
The 38 Special's appearance with the Detective Mode synergy.